JD – Data Scientist
Data scientist will be responsible to design and implement efficient, adaptable, & reusable code and algorithms. The role requires tuning components for high performance & scalability using big data technologies like Pig, Hive, Hbase, Vertica, Redis etc and scripting languages Python, Java, scala, R etc.This will involve working with both product and tech team to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
Technical Skills Required
Primary: Fluency in atleast one of programming or scripting languages like Python, R Ruby, scala, Java for fast prototyping. SQL fundamentals and hand on with one of RDBMS Mysql, MSSQL, postgres SQL is a must.
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including requirements analysis, estimating,design, implementation, testing, and release.
DNA – Essential Skills
- Good analytical reasoning skills.
- Good understanding of at least one of the following fields: machine learning, statistical modelling,data mining or information retrieval.
- Develop and apply machine learning, and statistical analysis methods such as clustering,classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, time-series analysis, advanced regression methods and hypothesis testing experience working with large datasets and problems.
- Good understanding of database fundamentals.
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of MapReduce, Pig, and/or Hive is a plus.
- Communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations.
- Ready to work in fast pacing challenging environment.
- Develop, test & implement program logic.
- Translate business needs into end user applications.
- Good team player.
- Confident, passionate and enthusiastic attitude.
Qualification: Bachelors / Master’s degree/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics,Operations Research, or related (quantitative) fields from premier institutes (IIT’s. ISI, IISc) or with good academic track record.
Experience: between 4 to 8 years of analytics industry experience is preferred.