2012 is almost over, but we still are going full throttle! Our CEO & Co-Founder, Dippak Khurana, has bagged the Mobby’s award for ‘Mobile Media Professional Of The Year’!
The shortlist for this prestigious award included business leaders across the mobile ecosystem. The finalists were evaluated on parameters such as key leadership achievements, innovation, quality of management and execution of strategy.
Dippak has successfully played key roles in launching:
- India’s first Online Newspaper – The Times Of India in 1996
- India’s first Online Ad Network – Intercept Technologies in 1999
- India’s first SMS Shortcode in 2001 for Yahoo
- India’s first Premium Ringtone Service to Hutch users 2002
- Pioneered Mobile internet portals for Telcos (Vodafone, Idea, BSNL & MTNL) in India – 2004
- Revolutionary ‘One Click’ App Monetization platform – Vserv.mobi AppWrapper in 2010
When Dippak started Vserv he was clear that he wanted to make a difference to each and every player in the mobile ecosystem across emerging markets. In just 2.5 years under Dippak’s leadership our patent pending AppWrapper technology has provided:
- Developers an opportunity to create innovative apps and earn money for their efforts, thereby spurring the innovation cycle.
- Consumers in emerging markets access to amazing Apps at a price he/she can afford
- Advertisers an opportunity to reach consumers across mobile platforms in an impactful & engaging ad format.
As we look back at 2012, it has been one helluva year! Global expansion at full throttle, recognition as a Techcircle Fastrack startup, a three fold growth in our brand client portfolio, making it to the Red Herring Top 100, being awarded “Media company of the Year” at the MMA Smarties and finally the icing on the cake – our CEO being recognized as the ‘Mobile Media Professional Of The Year’.
We honestly couldn’t have asked for more, but resting on our laurels isn’t how we roll! Needless to say, we continue to have our ‘heads down’, and stay focused on our rapid journey towards becoming the #1 Mobile Ad Network in Emerging Markets.