Thailand is known for scenic natural beauty, delicious cuisine and rich culture. However, very little is known about smartphone users, beyond the fact that it is one of the fastest growing mobile markets in Southeast Asia. In today’s era where businesses and marketing are driven by data, marketers need to go beyond demographic data to engage these users.
With our Smartphone User Persona Report (SUPR) 2015 for India, we provided the industry in-depth insights on smartphone users that helped marketers engage these users effectively. Every country has a unique smartphone user base and therefore, we also released SUPR for Indonesia, Philippines and Malaysia uncovering never-before known insights on smartphone users from these countries. Continuing with this trend, we are bringing to the Southeast Asian market today, the Smartphone User Persona Report (SUPR) 2015 for Thailand.
SUPR for Thailand segments the country’s smartphone users into six unique user personas, giving rich insights into each persona’s app usage, time spent on various apps and data consumption patterns. Here are a few key highlights of the report:
- As per the study, smartphone users spend on average 160 minutes per day on their devices
- Six smartphone user personas which emerged are – Social Stars, Dabblers, Power Users, Conversationalists, Data Guzzlers and Explorers
- 20% smartphone users who are predominantly males, spend almost 71 minutes a day on social networking, chat & VoIP apps are segmented as Social Stars
- 17% of the smartphone users who are predominantly males and spend 208 minutes a day on their smartphones are classified as Power Users
- 13% of the smartphone users who are predominantly females and spend 20 minutes a day on browsing, search & app stores are classified as Explorers
Many such insights about the Thai smartphone user base, that were seldom known before can be found in SUPR Thailand. These insights can help marketers understand Thai smartphone users better and take relevant offers to them.
To read the press release click here.