When we talk about the mobile ecosystem in Southeast Asia, we cannot miss Philippines. The country is one of the fastest growing mobile markets in the region and consumers are fast adopting smartphones for their daily digital needs. Such a growing market presents a tremendous opportunity for marketers to engage these smartphone users.
However, in an era where businesses and marketing are increasingly becoming data-driven, going after these users with just demographic data will not yield the right results. With our Smartphone User Persona Report (SUPR) for India and Indonesia, we showcased how smartphone users in these countries can be segmented into unique smartphone user personas that can provide marketers the insight to better engage these users.
However, with the two reports we also proved that the way smartphone users use their devices differs a lot from country to country, just as their local cultures, cuisines and social-economic conditions do. Keeping this in mind, today we are unveiling the Smartphone User Persona Report (SUPR) 2015 for Philippines. Based on a study conducted by Nielsen Informate Mobile Insights, SUPR segments Filipino smartphone users into different user personas and delves deeper into their usage patterns. Here are a few key highlights from the report:
- As per the study, smartphone users spend on average 140 minutes per day on their devices
- Seven smartphone user personas which emerged are – App Junkies, Dabblers, Gaming Buffs, Power Users, Explorers, Utilitarians and Social Stars
- 17% of smartphone users who are predominantly males and install the highest number of apps and games in a month are segmented as App Junkies
- 14% of smartphone users who are predominantly males and spend highest time on gaming apps in a day are segmented as Gaming Buffs
- 14% of smartphone users who are predominantly females and spend highest time on browsing, app stores, search and mobile coupons are segmented as Explorers
Many other such lesser known facts about the Philippine smartphone user base are available in this report making it one of the most comprehensive studies on smartphone users in Philippines. These interesting facts can arm marketers with the insights needed to understand the Philippine smartphone user better, and engage the right user with relevant offerings.
To read the press release click here