Manila, 19th January 2016: Vserv, the leading smart data platform for mobile marketing and commerce, today released the Smartphone User Persona Report (SUPR) 2015 for Philippines. The report findings are based on a study conducted by Nielsen Informate Mobile Insights. SUPR segments Filipino smartphone users into different user personas and delves deeper into their usage patterns.
The report provides rich insights into each persona's app usage, time spent on various apps, data consumption patterns and their demographics. According to the report, the Philippine smartphone user base is growing at a 24% CAGR from 2013 to 2017. This boom in the Philippines's smartphone market, is primarily being propelled by Filipinos under the age of 30 years, with the report highlighting that 65% users fall in that age bracket.
Key Highlights from the report:
- As per the study, smartphone users spend on average 140 minutes per day on their devices
- Seven smartphone user personas which emerged are – App Junkies, Dabblers, Gaming Buffs, Power Users, Explorers, Utilitarians and Social Stars
- 17% of smartphone users who are predominantly males and install the highest number of apps and games in a month are segmented as App Junkies
- 14% of smartphone users who are predominantly males and spend highest time on gaming apps in a day are segmented as Gaming Buffs
- 14% of smartphone users who are predominantly females and spend highest time on browsing, app stores, search and mobile coupons are segmented as Explorers
Commenting on the release of the report, Carlo Santos, Consumer Insights Executive Director, The Nielsen Company Philippines said, "We are pleased to work with Vserv to provide marketers with relevant consumer insights, through our Smartphone User Persona Report. The aim of releasing this report is to aid marketers with rich insights that help them sculpt an effective communication strategy. With the rapid proliferation of mobile internet users in Philippines, we are positive that this report will help marketers stay ahead of their game."
"Today, it is crucial for marketers to improve the relevance of their messaging and enrich their consumers' experience. They need to formulate their strategies focusing on user personas and their intent. As leaders in the smart data space, Vserv has consistently enabled marketers to move beyond demographic data and embrace smart data based targeting. Taking another step towards that commitment, we are delighted to unveil our joint report with Nielsen Informate Mobile Insights – Smartphone User Persona Report 2015 Philippines. The succinct data from this ready reckoner will enable marketers to know, understand and target their audience better by formulating tighter mobile strategies." explains Pranab Punj, Vice President, Global Marketing, Vserv.
SUPR is based on an automated usage data collection from over 1810 smartphone users in Philippines, over a three month period. The study was conducted using innovative smartphone metering technology installed by opt-in panelists on their smartphones. From the two-step cluster analysis, with 27 actual smartphone usage parameters as input variables, six smartphone user personas emerged. The full report can be viewed here.